Comments are off for this post

Trafficked Victim Rescued


Sarita (name changed), aged about 16 years, a native of Nadia district, West Bengal was rescued jointly by Delhi Police and Shakti Vahini with the help of the CBI on June 1, 2012.

On May 5, 2012, Shakti vahini received information that the girl was allegedly trafficked by one Insan Mallick S/O Samad Mallick R/O Kulsuna PO: Bhalyagram, PS: Mongalkot, Dist: Bardwan, West Bengal.

The victim’s father told in a telephonic conversation that with the tip off phone number being used by the alleged accused Insan Mallick, he came to Delhi in February along with a team of West Bengal Police. During this visit the team raided a suspected place in Gurgaon but in vain.

During his visit to Delhi he also called a suspected number. One woman picked up the call and allowed his daughter to speak to him. During conversation his daughter told her father to wait in the railway station and she would be coming. But the father keeps on waiting and the mobile phone was switched off. The conversation took place on 18/19th February, 2012.

On May 6, 2012 the said Insan Mallick called the victim’s father and allowed the victim to talk to her father. She told her father that no needs to go for any legal action and was crying which the father believes that the girl was compelled to tell the same.

On May 8, 2012 Shakti Vahini requested the Anti Human Trafficking Unit of CBI in Delhi for their intervention in the rescue of the girl. On June 1, 2012 a raid team was formed by CBI and Shakti Vahini representative. The address House no. 84, Gali no. 2, Kondli, East Delhi found out by tracing a phone numbers being used by Insan Mallick was raided and the girl was traced.

After talking with the girl the case was handed over to the local police of New Ashok Nagar Police Station. The police also arrested the alleged accused Insan Mallick. He was produced before the Karkardooma Court and was given two days Judicial Custody.

During counseling the girl said that she came in contact with Insan Mallick one year back. Insan Mallick used to work in the area which is nearby the girl’s house. They have been in touch for one year and finally decided to elope. Insan Mallick did not reveal to the girl that he is already married and has two kids. She came to know the fact after coming to Delhi and now she has no where to go. The girl said that she studied up to class IX and would like to continue her study.

They first stayed in the Sodpur area of West Bengal for one month. From there they shifted to Gurgaon, Haryana for one more month. During their stay in Haryana her father accompanied by a police team came to Delhi and Gurgaon from the tip off a phone number being used by Mallick. From Gurgaon they shifted to the place in Kondli, East Delhi from where the girl was rescued.

After the rescue the girl was taken to the hospital for Medical Examination. Then she was produced before the Child Welfare Committee, Dilshad Garden. As per the order of the Child Welfare Committee the Girl was given shelter at the Children Home.

As soon as the girl was rescued Shakti vahini representative contacted the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Nadia for his intervention. The child’s family was also informed about the rescue of the child.

Shakti Vahini coordinated with the Bengal Police and Delhi Police as well and advocated for the arrest of the alleged accused Insan Mallick. Then Delhi Police arrested the accused and produced him before the Honourable Karkadooma court on June 2, 2012. The court ordered for two days Judicial custody to the victim.

On June 2, 2012 Shakti Vahini communicated the matter with the Superintendent of Police of Nadia with a written request for facilitating the police of Kaliganj Police station for their early arrival in Delhi to take the custody of the accused and also requested the victim’s father to come to Delhi for taking the custody of his daughter.

Comments are closed.

Shakti Vahini's COVID-19 Response Work